1. Cookie diet created 1975 by Dr Sanford Siegel for his patients in Miami, Florida. Dr Siegel wanted to devise a diet that would make his patient's weight nosedive in a short space of time.
2. He decided the optimum daily calorie intake should be 800 calories, so cookies for breakfast and lunch and the a sensible low fat dinner.
3. Dr Siegal and the manufacturers of the product both agreed that to control and stifle hunger is the best way for people to stick to a diet. Once you start to feel hungry or ravenous, then the diet will fail!
4. The Diet has been used and prescribed by in excess of 200 doctors in the US and Canada.
5. The cookies have a mixture of protein and amino acid which promote the reducing of hunger.
6. 6 cookies eaten daily (this will replace 1 or 2 meals) and then a sensible dinner of 300 to 800 calories. A weekly box of cookies costs $59.
7. Average about 1,000 calories a day maximum (check with Doctor what the minimum amount of calories YOU should be consuming in a day).
8. Leads To an average weight loss of 10 pounds a month - so entremely fast, but safely and without you feeling hungry!
9. Famous people who have reportedly tried the cookie diet - Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson and Madonna's ex Guy Ritchie.
10. Not just any cookie will, but Dr Sanford Siegel's original cookie diet. Also opening their first cookie store in Beverly Hills.